Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

I am using OXS El Capitan and previously OSX Yosemite on a

Customer Question

I am using OXS El Capitan and previously OSX Yosemite on a 21.5" imac. Using Microsoft Remote Desktop to connect to a remote VPS. Am finding that the connection freezes or drops regularly (lasts about 20mins usually). Have also tried Cord to connect but same result. Can you advise a remedy?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the question. Which version of Microsoft Remote Desktop are you using? There are two versions available and I've found the one outside of the App Store is the one that seems to work best. Sometimes it does crash when you try and close the remote desktop connection but it doesn't seem like too bad of an issue. The other has been crashing for me also after updating to El Capitan and seems it needs some updating. This is the one available outside of the App Store if it's not the one you're using. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** trying to connect to windows server 2012 which seems to not work using the app you recommended. I tested it to connect to a windows server 2008 and it was fine.

Does it work for you when connecting to win serv 2012?

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
I normally connect to Windows 7 and 10 clients from that version. I'll have to try from work where I have Windows Server machines. What was the message it gave when trying to connect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Please try these steps and try connecting again. They just worked for me:Click Start > Run.Type gpedit.msc and click OK.In the left hand side bar, expand Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Remote Desktop Services > Remote Desktop Session Host.Select Security.Change "Require use of specific security layer for remote desktop (RDP) connection" to Enabled and select RDP in the Options pane.Change "Require user authentication for remote connections by using Network Level Authentication" to Disabled.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That works! Now, I need to access multiple servers at once. Is there any way to open more than one on one machine?

Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can save the RDP file and open multiples. I'll provide instructions shortly.
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. You can use File -> Save As... to save each RDP session you've configured. You can then just double-click those RDP files to open multiple sessions. There are some good options in the File and Preferences menu you may want to play with to further configure each session. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks again!
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience: 10+ years in hardware/software experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ben, I am having problems loading www.bet365.com on a windows server 2012 R2, using the HOLA extension. The site loads up, but the sports or in play tabs are not loading the entire page (middle section is greyed out).

It was working fine, but then stopped. I have tried the java update, but get the following message:

The Chrome browser does not support NPAPI plug-ins and therefore will not run all Java content. Switch to a different browser (Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari on Mac) to run the Java plug-in. More info

Can you help?