Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iPad is DISABLED . I tried to connect to iTunes, as the

My iPad is DISABLED . I tried to connect to iTunes, as the notice said. It does not work, because before the disabled notice they asked me to put in a PASSCODE.
I have never had a PASSCODE for my iPad, so I tried all sorts of passwords I use with my computer.... the effect is that I must have used 6 . and now what shall I do ???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm really sorry that your iPad is disabled. Unfortunately your only option is to fix is force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to recovery mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. But if you had backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account. Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to recovery mode. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here (ignore if you have latest iTunes) : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.Open iTunes application on your computer.On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time UNTIL you see a USB cable pointing to iTunes icon on the iPad's screen. The iTunes will also detect a iPad in recovery mode and ask you to restore it.Click Restore or Restore and Update button. Note : Put it to recovery mode while connected to computer and also in recovery mode your iPad will show USB cable pointing to iTunes logo. And it will take a while to restore it. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can not do all this alone. I need help from someone who knows about computers. I have printed your answer out and shall have to find someone to come and help me.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and do all these steps for you ? This is an optional additional service. I can fix your iPad myself while you watch
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience: Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you using an Apple Mac computer or Windows PC ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Are you using an Apple Mac computer or other brand Windows computer ? Let me know and I will send you the remote link to connect
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Follow the steps below to start remote support session. You have to do this from your computer itself. On your computer, goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- >551464766 Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher will be downloaded Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Lanucher and will be connected. Once we're connected, I will restore the iPad for you. Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me. Or give me your phone number and I will call you and walk you through the steps.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Eva, I've cancelled remote link since you haven't connected to me yet. But please reply back to me when you would like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the iPad and I will send you a new link to connect.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have to stop my recovery attempts now, because a friend is helping me to it all next week. I can not do it alone

thank you very much Ashik

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

No problem. If you need any help from me, please let me know and I will continue to help you.

Best Regards,

Ashik