Martin
Martin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I am unable to prepare my new iPhone 6 s i have an iPhone

i am unable to prepare my new iPhone 6 s
i have an iPhone 5 s and whilst doing to transfer the new 6S has the screen stuck on
slide to upgrade
What do I do ?
thanks Sue
Category: Mac
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your new iPhone.Try this: Unplug the iPhone from the charger if it is plugged in then,Press and hold the power and home button together and keep them held for about 30 seconds. During that time you should notice the iPhone turns off, back on, then back off again.Once it's completely off, let go of the buttons and power it back on.You should be able to restart the upgrade using iTunes.Let me know what happens!Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I have powered off. Now the apple and a line appears below on the screen and no sign of movement along that line

Once I put in my pass code or enter cancel it reverts to >slide to upgrade

so no change

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
You may need to upgrade it from iTunes, upgrading from the iPhone doesn't always work properly.Are you contacting me from your computer?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you mean that I must upgrade first the new i phone 6s directly form the iTunes on my macbook?

I am on my macbook now

thanks Sue

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
If you're trying to upgrade the new 6S it's best to do it from iTunes on your Macbook yes as there are less chances it will fail or get stuck along the way.You should have backups of your 5S stored in iTunes providing you've used iTunes with your old phone before so you should be able to restore a backup of your apps, contacts and media onto your new iPhone.Is that what you're trying to do, Sue? Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes I have been trying all night

I had to put in my passcode, which I did,I haven't done this before as I couldn't get to the page but I don't think my problem is solved.

The iTunes has transferred the software and is now backing up my iPhone whilst the screen on my new iPhone says > slide to upgrade

This is where it has been stuck

I was told when buying the ph to sync everything from my old ph onto iTunes, then plug in the new ph and move the sim card and it would all be gone form my old ph and onto the new ph. My password ***** ***** same.

Nothing has gone form my old ph and whilst writing the back up continues to the new iPhone from my iTunes on the mac book

i would like to be able to go back to the original instructions and see where I went wrong but the new phone is not responding past that screen

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Ok if it's still stuck in the "slide to upgrade" screen, do this:Close iTunes. (Keep the iPhone plugged in).Press and hold the power and home buttons again like you did before, but this time hold it until you see the phone ask you to connect it to iTunes.Open iTunes.When prompted, choose Update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah Happy

that was helpful

Now how do I get everything off my old ph which seriously is not really an old ph but my daughter will love it !

Thanks so much

Even though it seems it wasn't backing up it did!

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
You mean, to wipe it so she can start with a clean iPhone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
It depends on the iOS version, but try this:Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Did that work?