Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I have recently upgraded to El Capitan on my Macbook Air.

Customer Question

Hi I have recently upgraded to El Capitan on my Macbook Air. I use Outlook and it crashes every time I open it now
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me please the version of outlook you are using?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi 2011 I think. How do I find that out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi 2011 I think. How do I find this out?

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
we will see if you can do these instructions

Quit all applications.

Hold down the Option key on the keyboard, and then start Outlook 2011.

Note You can also browse to the Database Utility by opening the Application folder and then opening the Microsoft Office 2011 folder. Open the Office folder, and then double-click Microsoft Database Utility.app.

In the Database Utility window, select the main identity and then click Rebuild.

The Rebuilding Main Identify window will open and show the progress. When the operation is completed, you will receive the message "Your database was rebuilt successfully."
Click Done.

Then restart the Mac and try to open Outlook

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Else let me know the results please