Vinod Menon
Vinod Menon, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 1.5 year experience working as a Tech Support Agent for Apple iPods and iTunes for US customers.
51110040

An audiobook that i have purchased on iTunes appears on my

Customer Question

An audiobook that i have purchased on iTunes appears on my computer and appears on my audiobooks when I log into iTunes. It doesn't appear on my phone so I can't play it. Can you help please
Category: Mac
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 1 year ago.
HiI am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.Have you tried syncing your iphone with itunes?Thank YouVinod
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Let's try a sync again.Open itunes in your computer and connect the iphone to the computer. Now, your iphone logo will be listed in itunes. Click on the iphone listed in itunes, and you will find an "audiobooks" tab to the left column.Then select "sync audiobooks" and then choose "all audiobooks". Then click on apply or sync at the bottom. Let's see whether that syncs the audiobooks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No It doesn't. An exclamation mark appears to the left of the books in iTunes

That means that audiobook is missing from itunes. What happens when you double click on that audiobook in your itunes? Does it give any message that the file is missing?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

nothing happens, but i am new to mac, do you just double tap mouse pad?

yes. or just click on the play button at the top of itunes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no doesn't play

does it give any message that the file cannot be found or any related message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no nothing happens

I am afraid that audiobook is missing from your computer. You may need to download that audiobook again from itunes.However, you may check the Library\Music folder in your computer and see if you have that audiobook there. If it is there, we can add them to itunes and then to the phone
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is in my library

Let's open itunes. Now click on File menu at the top and choose "ädd to library". Now choose the audiobook from the library. Let's see whether it add the audiobook to itunes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sorry i am wrong it is not in my library, how do i down load from iTunes?

If it is not in your Library\music\itunes folder, I am afraid it is missing from your computer.You may try doing a search in the computer (by clicking the spotlight icon at the top right and searching by name). let's see if something comes up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

if i have purchased it can i not download again from itunes

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello?

You can download it again from itunes. Unfortunately, unlike songs and apps, the audiobooks cannot be downloaded again for free. But you may write to itunes store to get a free download again. You can email them by going to the following websitewww.apple.com/support/itunes/contact
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

but it won't download again if its the same problem?

have you tried downloading it from the iphone itself?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how?

There is an audiobooks app which you can download from the app store. Then open the audiobooks app and you can search for the audiobooks and download them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

which one?

have you tried searching the app store?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes which, which one to choose?

I am checking. Hold on please
I think Apple has removed their audiobook app. Let's open the itunes store app instead. There, click on "search" tab at the bottom. Then type in the name of your audiobook which you are trying to download. Let me know if it comes up.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does at £14.95 ??
:(May be if you can contact itunes store, they can give an exception to download it again for free (since you have already purchased it).You may use the following website to write to themwww.apple.com/support/itunes/contactOr you may contact apple tech support (the UK number is *****).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for your help. I don't feel as though I should have to pay £28 for this?
I understand. Since I could not resolve your issue, you may ask for a refund from our customer support team by writing to***@******.***