Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

When I press the home button, the message comes up " ipad

when I press the home button, the message comes up " ipad is disabled, connect to
iTunes. what do I do please ?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. I'm really sorry that your iPad is disabled. Someone has tried to access the iPad with incorrect passcode and that is why it has disabled. Unfortunately your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to recovery mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users. But if you had backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same Apple account. Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to recovery mode. First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.Open iTunes application on your computer.On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time UNTIL you see a USB cable pointing to iTunes icon on the iPad's screen. The iTunes will also detect a iPad in recovery mode and ask you to restore it (might take a couple of minutes on your PC to show this message)Click Restore or Restore and Update button. Note : Put it to recovery mode while connected to computer and also in recovery mode your iPad will show USB cable pointing to iTunes logo. And it will take a while to restore it. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Are you using an Apple Mac computer or other brand Windows computer ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
On your computer, go to this website (click this link) --> http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d8ed228b-4ce9-4a2f-968e-7f8e89c0c897 Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application will be downloaded named Elsinore ScreenConnect. Open it and let it connect. Once we're connected, I will fix the iPad for you. (If you are using a Apple Mac computer, then please reply back here)
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Ken, Are you having any difficulty connecting to me ?
If so, please follow the steps below to establish a remote support session.
You have to do this from your laptop itself. On your laptop , goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com
In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- >###-##-####
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher will be downloaded Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher and let it connect.
Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.