Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a large video file on my iPad mini. I need to move

I have a large video file on my iPad mini. I need to move it to my Macbook Pro via Photos and then to an external hard drive. I keep getting an error message "The operation couldn't be completed co,.app.ImageCaptureCore error 28"
The movie plays fine on my iPad.
Can you help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. Have you tried downloading it via Image Capture ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
First make sure you have enough space on your Mac. Then soft-reset your iPad. To do that, press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Then restart your Mac. Don't open Photos. This time go to Applications folder and open Image Capture. Connect your iPad to your Mac and Image Capture will load its contents. Then select the video file only and download it. Are you able to download it ? Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Remember, when you do the above steps make sure no other applications except Image Capture are open in the background. Let me know how it goes please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES! It has started to import. I didn't know about Image Capture at all. I must investigate further. It still has a way to go, and if all downloads successfully I won't trouble you any more and will respond by giving you a high rating.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No problem. You can trouble me and I'm happy to help until we fix the problem :) Sometimes your Mac will not be able to import anything from the iPad if the iPad's memory is also full. So make sure there is some space free on your iPad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Brilliant...thanks.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome !