Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Thought I had lost my iPhone 5S, gone week so bought

Hello thought I had lost my iPhone 5S, gone for a week so bought iPhone 6S as replacement. This morning my lost phone was returned to me, my problem is last friday we sent out a lost phone message out on 'find my iPhone' and also put an erase if switched on.
Is there anyway I can retrieve the data etc off this phone or is it DOOMED, never to work again.
I await your counsel with bated breath
David Plumb
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. The Erase process will only be initiated if it get connected to internet not when switched on. If it has connected to internet and the erase has done, then there is no easy way to recover the data unfortunately. This is how Apple designed to protect the information of the device. However you can try some third party recovery applications like Dr. Fone for iOS to recover deleted data. This might not work, but it is worth a try. See here --> www.wondershare.com/drfone-iphone-data-recovery.html If it has not erased yet, then there is a chance to recover the data. First turn off your router or wifi or internet and also remove the SIM from the iPhone. This is to make sure the iPhone will not connect to internet automatically (in your home) and thus to prevent the erase. Once you did that, unlock the phone. Then connect it to your computer and backup all your data ASAP. Remember, don't connect it to WiFi. It is not doomed to never work again. It will only erase the data off it, but you can still reactivate it with your Apple ID again and you will be able to use it but as a new iPhone. FYI if you had enabled iCloud backup on it, then you can restore that backup to your new iPhone 6S. Have you did this when you setup the iPhone 6S ? Restore from iCloud backup ? If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome !