Bryan
Bryan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  8+ years of professional support for tech-related issues, including computers, email and software.
12615041

I have 2 Apps needing updating but have previously changed

Customer Question

I have 2 Apps needing updating but have previously changed my Apple ID.
When I click in 'Apps' and update it brings up my old ID and will NOT accept my current ID. so I can no longer update.
I had asked previously and you replied with instructions to go via iTunes, Store, sign out ID restart etc and that would work. It does NOT. I assume this is because I previously purchased the Apps with my old ID and cannot recall the password ***** that. My current ID is***@******.***. Is it possible to use my current ID to update? If so how?
Your help would be appreciated. I repeat problem is via Apps not iTunes. Thx John
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thank you for asking your question.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
The only way to update apps that you installed using the old ID, is to delete and reinstall them using the new ID itself. To do this, please press and HOLD down the app you want to update, and then tap the X icon that shows up at the top of the app. Delete the app accordingly. Next, tap the "App Store" and then search for and install the same app one more time. Repeat these steps for the other app as well, and you should be good to go.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
If you need more help, please use the Reply box below to continue our conversation.Otherwise, a positive rating (at the top of this page) would be much appreciated. Thank you :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thats fine B but how do I bring up the Apps I installed previously.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
You may just open up the App Store on your iPad now, and then tap the "Updates" button at the bottom to bring up the list of apps that need to be updated. From there, you can manually update the apps one after the other, and find out which apps prompt you for the old ID - and then delete and reinstall the apps as directed in my above reply. Do keep me posted. Thank you.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.