Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Been using Outlook e mails and all been great since

Customer Question

Been using Outlook for my e mails and all been great since purchased but yesterday stopped sending and receiving mails. Internet ok
Colleague tried all he knew to fix but couldn't. He however logged me out of the link to Outlook App to try and re boot me back in but couldn't
So now I do not have emails on outlook at all and are using Outlook app which is rubbish
Any ideas how ro reclaim my outlook e mail account??
Geoff
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Is there any error or message?What's your Mac OS X version, i.e., 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, 10.10, etc.?What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

10.8.5

Hosted exchange

Expert:  KamilAnwar1 replied 1 year ago.
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer. May i connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly ?Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can we discuss on 01883 623577?

Unfortunately i am not able to make calls. I prefer remote session for issues like this. If you want discussion over the phone; i can opt out and open the question to other experts.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how else can i do it?

Over the phone, via instructions or remotely.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok over the phone

Okay. I will opt out and open the question to other experts. Once it's picked by an expert; they will notify here and coordinate with you to discuss over the phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
First reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) select the First Aid tab if it is not already selected, then click on Verify Disk on the far right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Disk Permissions. If that is ok restart then:Quit Outlook if open, then hold down the Option key and open Outlook, this will open the Microsoft Database Utility, rebuild the database then quit when done and open Outlook.