Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I do have one other query. When talktalk was misbehaving a

I do have one other query. When talktalk was misbehaving a year or more ago I opened a gmail email address. Somehow it comes back to me as 'Holidays in the United Kingdom'. I have no idea how it happened and I can't seem to get rid of it. Not all replies are so effected. It just seems very odd
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. When does 'Holidays in the United Kingdom' appear?Do you use gmail email at the gmail.com website? Or do you use gmail in the Mail app or in another application?Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?Please reply at the box below. Thank you,
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Holidays in The United Kingdom appears as the name of my gmail.com email address when some people reply to an email I have sent them. I send the email from apple's Mail the one that looks like a stamp in the dock

Can you please test the followings:1. In the Mail (stamp) app, please send an email message to yourself (to your own gmail email address), then what is the name it shows when you receive it?Then reply to it, then what is the name it shows in the Sent folder?2. Sign in your gmail email account at the Gmail website http://www.gmail.com/, then there, what is the name it shows for the email message, if it's there, you sent to yourself?, then still at the gmail website, compose a new email message and send it to yourself, then when you receive it, what is the name? Then reply to it, then what is the name?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Can you please try a possible fix below:- In Mail app, click on Mail menu at the top, then click on Preferences, then click on Accounts tab, then there, click on your gmail account on the left, then make sure you set to the correct name you want.; if needed, there, click on Signatures tab, and check your signature if any.- If this issue still only occurs with some particular contacts, please test sending a new message to one person at the gmail.com and ask him/her replies back to that message and see if your name is ***** ***** not. If needed, ask him/her to edit your name, if it's there, in his/her Contacts / Address Book, then check.Please reply back to continue troubleshooting. Thank you.