Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am trying to download an App and the system still keeps asking

I am trying to download an App and the system still keeps asking for a password ***** an email account we have not had for some years. It seems impossible to delete this and use my current email id. How can i delete the earlier account (as I do not know the password) and use the current one?
Dick
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hello Dick and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. First goto this website and create a brand new Apple ID with your new email from here --> https://appleid.apple.com/account After creating a new account, you have to sign out from old account from all your devices. To sign out from iPhone and iPad, go to Settings > iTunes & App Store and you will your old id there. Tap it and tap sign out. Then sign in to new account. To sign out from Macs, Open App Store or iTunes Store, then click on Store menu at the top and select Sign Out account. Then sign in to your new account. To update the apps downloaded using old ID, you still need old ID. So if you want to download updates, you have to delete those application downloaded using old ID from your devices and redownload using new ID. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Remember, if you've used this old ID for iCloud and if Find My iPhone/iPad is enabled, there is NO way to sign out from iCloud without the password. You can only sign out from iTunes & App Store without the password.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Follow the steps below to start remote support session.You have to do this from your Mac itself. On your Mac, open Safari. Then goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- >###-##-####Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application will be downloaded. So click on Download button in Safari (the downward arrow button on the top right). Another way to open Downloads is from Window menu or from View menu in the top within Safari. Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher application and let it connect. If asked for permission, allow it. Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
connected
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Issue resolved via remote support !
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Have a great day,
Ashik