Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have bought a second hand MacBook 7.1 daughter.

Hello I have bought a second hand MacBook 7.1 for my daughter. It was easy to switch on and set up. I have today bought a sims 4 download and tried to download it. However a pop up says I need to install a helper to manage the games and the OriginClient (Origin is the account I bought the sims from) is requiring me to do this. To do this I need to put in the password ***** the one and only user on the device, username macbook, which is an admin user. I have no idea what this password ***** be and I need it to create a new password. I did not realise there were user accounts up to this time as I did not have to create one when I switched on. Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. What version of Mac OS X are you using on that Mac ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10.10.2 (14C109)
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I will send you the instructions now. Please stay online.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You can reset the administrator password ***** booting into Mac OS X Utilities screen. Follow the steps below (these steps are very easy to follow); Turn off your Mac.Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 10 seconds.This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu.Click on the “Utilities” menu at the top bar and select “Terminal".Type (without space) : resetpasswordPress return. Select the hard disk, select the user account, confirm the user account and then change password ***** reboot as normal. After restarting, if you get any message about Keychain then reset the keychain access database. Follow the steps below to reset Keychain; Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.Authenticate with your account login password (the password ***** reset earlier).Quit Keychain Access. That is all you need to do. Now you can install apps or updates with the new password. Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So far so good. Haven't been asked about keychain, just seeing if the game will download. Will confirm if/when it does. That will be success for me
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Glad to hear that. Go ahead and reset keychain now. It will appear in future unless you reset it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do I find the applications folder?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Applications. This will open Applications folder. Or just search Keychain Access at the top right Spotlight (searchbox) and open the Keychain Access application. Reset it then.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
A request has been sent to another of my apple devices. I had to enter the iTunes password. It's different to the device one I just set up. I had to confirm a four digit number code and provide a verification phone number. I assume that's going to work ok as well. I won't forget either of these passwords or number codes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Ok, note them down. The admin password ***** ***** password ***** need to use to install apps and updates. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience: Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc