Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I have updattted rthe system software now the ipad is loc

Customer Question

I have updattted rthe system software
now the ipad is locked
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will have to reset the iPad, there is no other way to remove the passcode if you have forgotten it.
To do the reset
Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes on your computer
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."
Click Restore iPad, let this complete and it will be as new so you can use it again
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
else Let me know the results please