Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

There I am worried grandaughter's ipad2, it went

Customer Question

Hi there I am worried for my grandaughter's ipad2, it went missing then she got it back. Someone told me it could be jail broken and software could be added to watch her through the camera.i am not too great on computers but she updated it to ios9.1 does this mean it will cancel the jail breaking. If it does, would it also cancel the camera being used by the hacker. What i am trying to say is if it is unjail breaked would the bad softwear remain. I hope you can understand what I am trying to say please let me know . Thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
The moment you updated it to iOS 9.1, it is no longer jailbroken and all the software that was on it will be gone. If there was any camera viewing app on it before, it will not be there anymore.
I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much
You are super welcome.
Thank you for your time, the chance to work with you, and for the update.
I am a member of all computer, networking, and cell phone categories. If you ever need anything else, please let me know.
I'm online most hours of the day and only a brief time away.
-Jason