Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

My email got hacked and now I cant connect on my ipad

My email got hacked and now I cant connect on my ipad or iphone though its okay on the laptop Heeeellllppp!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.?Is there any error or message when accessing your email on the iPad and iPhone?Also, does your laptop have windows xp, vista, or 7 or 8 or 10? Or is it a mac laptop?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Good day I seem to have soved the issue by changing the password
Thanks for the respnse but ok now
You're welcome. Great. Are you receiving and sending emails fine?Have you also checked that your email account security information is correct?And have you checked that your email account is not filtered incorrectly or forwarded to the hacker's account?And/or do you need help with anything else for now?Please reply at the box below. Thank you for the update.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure what you second point means and how do i check this?
First, what email do you use, such as Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.? Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
AOL
1. Go to your AOL account at the website below:https://account.aol.com/, then there, make sure all the information is correct, and I recommend to change your security question and answer.I'm writing the next step; please wait a bit.
AOL does not have Forwarding option, so don't worry about that. Please do the next step below:2. On your laptop, go to your AOL email at the website below:https://mail.aol.com/, then there, click on Options at the upper right corner, then click on Mail Settings, then click on Spam Settings on the left, and check if everything looks fine there, then click on Filters and Alerts on the left, and check if everything looks fine there.Please let me know. Thank you.
Also, to prevent hacking, always be careful with any message / notice, and do not sign in your email account in anyone else's device, nor sign in your email account password ***** any other website, other than the aol website and the mail apps on your devices.Always ignore any popup message, or email message, or phone call that you do not know or that you are not expecting.Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
If you have any further question or if need help with anything else, please let me know any time. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit when it shows up. Thank you very much,