Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I cannot transfer my data from my ipad 2 via icloud to my new

i cannot transfer my data from my ipad 2 via icloud to my new ipad air 2. I keep backing up the old ipad and it seems to complete but when i try to transfer it reverts to an earlier backup of a different ipad
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. The best option is, use a computer to do the transfer. This is the best way to transfer everything even the apps to your new iPad. It will only take a few minutes Download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ After downloading iTunes, make sure you install it by opening the downloaded file and following onscreen instructions. After installing iTunes, open iTunes. Then connect the iPad 2 to your computer. iTunes will recognize it. Then select your iPad 2 icon at the upper left, next to Musics, Movies etc icons. This will bring the Summary screen of iPad 2 . Now, click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected there. This will backup the entire iPad 2 to your computer. Then disconnect the iPad 2 . Then on your new iPad Air 2, go to Settings > General > Software Update. Do all software updates. Then connect the iPad Air 2 to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPad Air 2 at top left. Then this time click Restore Backup button and from the list of backups, select the backup of your iPad 2 from the drop down menu. Click Restore. If you prefer to do it via iCloud, then on your old iPad go to Settings > iCloud > Store > Manage Storage and delete all backups from there. Then create a fresh backup and restore that backup to your new iPad (you will have to erase the new iPad from Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings to get the option to restore from iCloud) Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you prefer to do it via iCloud, then on your old iPad 2 go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage and delete all backups from there. Then create a fresh backup and restore that backup to your new iPad Air 2. You will have to erase the new iPad from Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Contents and Settings to get the option to restore from iCloud if it has already setup.