Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have a new ipad air2 and have tried to download from my old

Customer Question

I have a new ipad air2 and have tried to download from my old ipad but it says it is not compatible with 9.2. How can I upgrade my new ipad?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.The best option is use iTunes on your computer to do the transfer from old iPad to new iPad. We can backup the old iPad to your computer using iTunes and then restore that backup to your new iPad . On your old iPad , go to Settings > General > Software Update and do all updates. Then download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here --> http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ After downloading iTunes, make sure you install it by opening the downloaded file and following onscreen instructions. After installing iTunes, open iTunes. Then connect the old iPad to your computer. iTunes will recognize it. Then select your iPad icon at the upper left, next to Musics, Movies etc icons. This will bring the Summary screen of iPad . Now, click Backup Now button and make sure "To This Computer" is selected there. This will backup the entire iPad to your computer. Then disconnect the old iPad. Then on your new iPad , go to Settings > General > Software Update. Do all software updates. Then connect the new iPad to your computer and open iTunes. Select your iPad at top left. Then this time click Restore Backup button and from the list of backups, select the backup of your old iPad from the drop down menu. Click Restore. If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will continue to help you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If you want to transfer via iCloud, then do this. On your old iPad, go to Settings > General > Updates and do all software updates. Then delete old backups from the iPad. Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage, then tap Manage Storage. Delete old backup from there. Then do a fresh backup. Go to Settings > iCloud > Backup and tap Backup Now. This will do a fresh backup. Now on your new iPad, you can restore the backup. If you already setup new iPad, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. Then restore from the backup. I'd recommend to use iTunes on your computer to transfer from old iPad to new iPad.