Josh
Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  Expert for over 10 years
50836188

We are trying to delete an apple id on an iPhone 5 as

Hello, we are trying to delete an apple id on an iPhone 5 as we have sold it to a friend unfortunately the apple id was set up at carphone warehouse and we cannot find the devise on our supposed linked new apple id as have upgraded to iPhone 6 have you any ideas ?
Hi, and thank you for asking your question. Do you currently have access to the iPhone 5 itself? If so, what happened when you tried to carry out a factory reset? Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
we can get to activate iPhone screen then we get this phone is currently linked to an apple id ([email protected])sign in with the apple id that was used to set up this phone
Hmm, I see. Does this prompt come up AFTER you have carried out the factory reset? Also, are you able to sign in to the Apple ID you are currently wanting to delete?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes this is after the factory reset and no we cannot sign into the apple id as stated on the phone, as we now have a different apple id with our newly purchased iPhone 6
OK; looked up further info on the prompt you are getting, and it looks like the iPhone 5 is "bricked" in some way, and so it's prompting you for the old login details even after you have resetted the device. One moment, providing you with further info now.
Now, please open up the following link:https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=password ***** in the old Apple ID, and then click Continue. Check if you are able to reset and set a new password ***** your Apple ID this way. Done that, let me know please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, thought it had worked but it now shows incorrect apple id or password ***** has now reverted back to this phone is currently linked to an apple id that was used to set up the phone
Sorry about the brief delay; just to clarify, did you make sure to reset the password ***** the ID it shows up as linked to your iPhone 5 now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
rest password, but no link shows in my account
OK; could you let me know what's the Apple ID that shows up as linked to your iPhone 5 now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
[email protected], I believe this was an account that was set up when we purchased the phone but have no idea what it is ?
Oh, I see - you are not able to retrieve the Apple ID itself. Let me open up your question to our other experts, who will be able to assist further with this issue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
thankyou
Hi, In this situation, you will need to take the phone into an Apple store and they can reset the phone for you. You can click here for store locations: http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/storelist/ If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Josh, Mac Support
Experience: Expert for over 10 years