Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Asked a mac question - told I was bein referred to a

Customer Question

Asked a mac question - told I was bein referred to a Cadillac expert!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Daniel Whelan replied 1 year ago.
Hi, What is your mac question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Problem is with "certificate". Got error message saying wrong one installed. With help of my isp located and deleted expired cert. and chose unexpired one (actually the same). Still getting message see screenshot. Also IMAP root INBOX folder - subfolders eg Junk not being recognised, though correctly set up.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to wait, Thank you.
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I will be the person helping you today.
I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.
May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?
Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.
Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I would prefer the normal attempts to solve the problem without extra cost.
You wish for normal attempts without an extra cost. I am not quite sure what you are referring to as far as 'extra cost' goes.
If you wish, I can opt out of the question and allow someone else to help you with "normal attempts".
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello Jason
The system said that I was being offered the following:Additional Service Offer: Remote tech support
Learn More
Jason will remote into your system and solve the problem while you watch. During the session, you will be able to communicate with Jason via a chat window. This will be the final charge.
Amount: £33I don't want to pay that amount, hence my email. If it's a misunderstanding, I'd like to carry on on the normal basis that I pay for - but I don't have much time now so tomorrow would be better. Many thanks
Mary
Hello Mary,
Tomorrow works for me. When you are ready to continue, please post a message here.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jason
I'm ready now, thanks
Mary
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your patience,
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I think I'll cancel the question. I haven't had the error message lately so maybe all is well.