Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Mike, I wonder if you can help me with a mac Mail problem. I recently upgraded the

Hello Mike,
I wonder if you can help me with a mac Mail problem. I recently upgraded the OS on my MacBook Pro to 10.11.2 (El Capitan). Since doing that, I am not able to receive e-mails. My provider is Plusnet. The sending through the SMTP 'relay.plus.net' works fine. But all three of my related accounts are not able to receive. I get the error message telling me to 'Verify that the username and password ***** correct'. I have done that and they are. Also, I have tried turning off my anti-virus and my firewall software and that has not helped.
I have seen some mentions on blog pages of others having this problem, but I have not seen any solutions...
Any suggestions? Thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
What system did you upgrade from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it was OS 10.5 I think
OK did you see my offer to remote connect?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes - I think i might have mis-understood. I thought that meant to do things on the move. Do you mean for you to connect to my computer now. If that will help, then let me know what I need to do
Yes Accept the offer then I will give you instructions...
OK go to the link below and click on Join your Session then allow the app to run, if you get a message about "unknown developer" go to System Preferences / Security & Privacy and Allow it to run, then look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=cef8329d-2fdd-40ed-8b23-2def7960efb9