Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

My safari is stuck with the message: your IP address has

Customer Question

my safari is stuck with the message: your IP address has been blocked, detected suspicious activity from my IP address. It tells me not to turn off my computer or restart it. what do I do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and thank you for asking your question.

Are you having this issue with Safari, on your Mac computer or any other Apple device?

Please reply back using the box below. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
mac computer only
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

OK. First off, please press Command + Option + Esc at the same time (on your keyboard), and this will bring up the Force Quit window. Select Safari and click Force Quit.

Then hold down the Shift key (on your keyboard) and open Safari. Next, click on the Safari menu tab at the top and select Reset Safari. Select all options and click Reset Safari. This should resolve the issue all right.

If you need further assistance with this issue, please reply back using the box below. If you could kindly take a moment to click on (and submit) one of the star buttons at the top of this page to rate my service, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you :)

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

If you are having any issue with carrying out the above steps, please be sure to reply back to me below. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,
Sorry your question was in the wrong category, you are being helped now by a mac expert.
There is no reset Safari anymore, what you need to do is open Safari with Shift held down, then go to preferences -> Privacy --> Remove All website data
Then close and open Safari.
Let me know how you go with this please.