Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I'm trying to copy over our iPhoto library onto a separate

Hi! I'm trying to copy over our iPhoto library onto a separate hard drive, but I get the following error message:
"This operation can't be completed because an item is being modified."
What does this mean? I don't know what item is being modified or what do do about it! Can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
Close iPhoto then restart the computer, then copy it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** the process started! But I set the computer to copy the iPhoto Lilbrary overnight and when it finally nearly finished it gave me another error message which I don't know what do do with! Any ideas? "the Finder can't complete the operation because some data in "iPhoto Library" can't be read or written". (Error code -36). What can I do about this please?
Is it still doing that?