Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

Re: Canon MG 6350/ MacBook Pro The printer works, but I

Customer Question

Re: Canon MG 6350/ MacBook Pro
The printer works, but I am not able to view the full printer settings when trying to print photographs from photoshop elements or Mac photos! I only get a basic settings list, without being able to select manual colour settings, paper type, etc. How can I rectify this?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 10 months ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I think you should try installing the complete and proper driver(s) for the printer, as appropriate for your MAC OS X version on your computer. Go toapple menuthen chooseAbout This MACand tell me, please, what 10.X version number is ***** there. Then with that info, I will give you instructions on exactly how to proceed.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OSX Yosemite version 10.10.5
OK, thanks for the info. Here's what to do: 1. turn Off and unplug your printer. Leave it that way for the duration of most or all of the following. 2. go to the Printers list, and select your printer there, then remove it with the - button. 3. restart your computer. 4. when it has fully restarted, go tohttp://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg6350.aspx?type=drivers&language=EN&os=OS%20X%2010.10%20%28Yosemite%29and make sure thatMAC OS X 10.10is selected. Then click on and download theMG6300 series CUPS Driver.And save it to disk. 5. when it is fully downloaded and saved to disk, double-click upon the downloaded file, and that should start running the driver installer. Make sure that the driver installer does run.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** take a while. I will resume conversation when it is installed (may be tomorrow, as it is getting late!).
OK. Take your time and respond further at your convenience. Thanks.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi Russell,
The new CUPS driver is loaded. Next?
OK. Plug in the printer again, turn it On, wait 2 minutes or more.See if it works, by sending a very simple print job to it.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
It's just the same! The printer works from my MacBook Pro and air prints from my iPad. However, when I need to print a photograph from Mac 'Photos', or from Photoshop Elements (on my MacBook Pro), I can only get a basic settings screen, with no manual adjustment for colour, paper quality etc.
With a picture on my screen, already adjusted and sized, I select 'print'. The computer then displays the print page with my picture and basic settings. Previously, I got a more detailed screen, with all the settings I need. Why does this not happen now? Some time ago I asked Iyogi to sort it. It took a very long time, but eventually I had acess to the settings needed to produce a high quality image from the MG 6350 printer. After an operating system update (never again!) it reverted to the basic print page described above. Do I have to suffer Iyogi for another few hours?
I'm sorry to say that I myself don't know what iYogi did. And I am not the most maximum Expert at MAC OS X / Apple software details. So I judge it best at this point to Opt Out in factor of a maximally qualified Apple OS and software Expert here. I hope you will have your case picked up by one that knows how to untangle the settings / values / whatever-it-is, that were evidently erased back to default values by your OS update.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Oh well, it was worth a try. Thank you for your effort, but as I said, I had already reloaded the latest driver and that did not work then!Please could you pass this case to a Mac specialist from your team for me, as suggested?
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 10 months ago.
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be able to assist you please post back when your ready