Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Good morning ! I have a problem with my desk top apple computer.

Customer Question

It suddenly went off with a message. Before I had time to read the message it turned off! I I got from the message was .........press any key .......or !,,,,,,, something will happen.
I can't work on it anymore. I switched off main power supply, switched on and checked the power leads etc etc etc.
Also checked batteries in the remote keypad and mouse. I tried witching on from the power button at the lower left end rear of the screen. And this happens.....
Apple start tune comes on
Apple sign comes on
A loading bar at the bottom of apple sign comes on
It starts loading amoeba thing and as soon as the loading bar sign moves
Half a centimetre the computer shuts down
I let it be overnight
I still have the same problem
PLEASE HELP
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you power off the MacHold the Shift key and with it held down, power on the Mac with shift held until you get to the login screen.Release Shift and tell me if it now functions correctly please.