VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field. Have worked on MAC's since I was 16.
16924516

I have an OKI MC562dw purchased 3/6/2014. I cannot scan or

I have an OKI MC562dw purchased 3/6/2014. I cannot scan or copy, refers to MP4 tray? or "cannot connect to computer". I have an Apple Mac
Howard
Category: Mac
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JA for your support needs. Sorry for the issue. Please do me a favor or two. Please empty the MP4 Tray and shut the Printer off. Then unplug it for 30 minutes. After the above time, please turn the printer on with the paper reloaded into the tray while it was off. Also, restart your MAC please. Chime in and let me know of your results. If this does not work initially we have other steps to try Sir....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Delta in response as have been away. Have tried your suggestion twice today 22nd Feb without success.
Message is "please install paper in MP tray - 490. Please set paper"
Goes without saying ther is paper properly installed in the tray!
OK, you have the MP4 Tray. Have you simply open and closed the MP4 Tray a few times Sir or Madam?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have removed the tray completely and opened and shut it a number of times. Will not print either! I would throw it out of the window but it is too heavy
Howard
OK kind Sir, no need for the Bobbies to come and get you for littering.. Give me a few minutes as I have another step to try...
What version of OS X are you using Sir?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just gave the printe a bang it printed the document in the queue?
Howard
You gave it a Right Cross or an Upper-cut??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OS X El Capitan is the version and a karate chop
Howard
OK, please do this Sir: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Printers & Scanners.Hold down the Control key as you click in the list at the left, then choose “Reset printing system” from the menu that appears.After you reset the printing system, the list of printers in Printers & Scanners preferences is empty.Reboot your MAC.Then, re-add the printer once more Sir.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Scan now works but copy does not, however I can live with that as I can scan then print. Unless you have any other suggestions I will call it a day.
Howard
OK, make sure that you have the latest drivers for your Printer... Here you go: http://www.oki.ie/support/printer/troubleshooting/detail.aspx?id=tcm###-##-####amp;amp;prodid=tcm###-##-####That should do Sir..