Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

My Mac is telling me that I have no more memory to upload my

Customer Question

My Mac is telling me that I have no more memory to upload my photos...and yet I really don;t have that much stuff on the hard drive. Even so I'm renting a monthly Apple icloud srevice, but this doesn't seem to be helping
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcome LeeCan you do the following pleaseFrom the Apple menu, select About This Mac. The window shown below appears. Click More Info. The About This Mac window appears. Click Storage.How much space is show as free?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
466.3 MB
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Lee, your payment failed for the phone call, but 466MB is too small and why your getting this message.Your going to need to delete or move some data such as films ect, you need to have at least 2GB free, and preferably 5GB.I can help you with this, I have made a request as your payment failed for the initial one (likely your card rejected it)Accept it and I can then call you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just updated again my payment details
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, try to accept the offer now please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have no idea why my card isn't going through. It says all is well, and then it fails to process. This whole thing doesn;t seem to be working for me
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, other customers had not had problems, maybe your credit card company is stopping it, can happen. Can you call them and get it to go through? else we just continue here
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
How did you go Lee?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They think its fraud. Anyway, let's just continue by mail. How on earth do I get rid of so much data?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok..It will depend on which data you have on the Mac. Start by moving off any videos you have and tell me how much that frees up
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Lee, after all the time we spent doing this you never replied to me... did you get films ect removed from the mac?