Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

MacBook Pro Any help on recovering lost passwords pleas

MacBook Pro
Any help on recovering lost passwords please
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. What kind of password ***** ***** such as email password, wi-fi / wireless password, etc.?Have you tried anything?Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Parental control.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is an abbreviation of my address but I cant find the right combination
Do you mean you do not know the exact spelling of your email address?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The password ***** to my home address.
Thank you. Please try the following fix:Shut down the Mac computer.Turn it back on, then right after you hear the chime sound, press at the same time the two keys Command and S on the keyboard.When a command prompt window appear, type:mount -uw /, then press Return key, then type:rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone, then press Return key, then type:shutdown -h now, then press Return keyThen computer will restart, then follow the installation process.Then log in the new account.Here is the video instructions:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br6wKR28jFoPlease reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Or see video instructions athttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Og-RiQgjBEY
- If that does not work, here is another solution:Restart the computer. (Click on the Apple logo / menu, then click on Restart.)Right after you hear the chime sound, press and hold at the same time the two keys:Command and R on your keyboard for a few seconds, then release, then soon, the screen should show the Apple logo and spinning gear (or progress bar in Yosemite).Then you will see the "OS X Utilities" window, don't select any option in that window, but click on the menu Utilities at the very top, then click on Terminal.Then type exactly resetpassword then press Return key; (one word.), then it will show the Reset Password ***** click on the volume / partition (Mac HD) you want (usually there is only one), then select the name / user account name in the popup that you want to reset the password (select each one, if there is more than one), then enter the new password (twice) you want. (Entering a password ***** is optional.), then click on Save.Click on menu OS X Utilities at the top, then click on Quit OS X Utilities, and restart.; (Note: if the keychain error message asks what you want to do, choose the middle option Create New Keychain.)Then see if the computer works fine now.You can click on the website below for video instructions:https://youtu.be/CJ6AZMk2cy0?t=32Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.
Please click on the website below for video instructions:https://youtu.be/CJ6AZMk2cy0?t=32, follow the instructions in the above website link, and check. Thank you.
If needed, here is another method:Power on or restart your Mac.At the chime (or grey screen if your chime is turned off), hold down at the same time the two keys Command and S on your keyboard to enter single-user mode.(This step is optional, but run it in order to check the consistency of the hard disk before continuing. At the prompt, typefsck -fy , and press Return/Enter key. , wait for the check to finish before going to the next step.)Type exactly:mount -uw / , then press Return keyType exactly the line below:launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.DirectoryServices.plist , then press Return key.Type exactly ls /Users and press Return key. , (this lists all of the username(s) on the computer)Type exactly below: dscl . -passwd /Users/username password ***** replace “username” with one of the user(s) displayed in the previous step that you want to reset the password, and replace “password” with a new password ***** want., then press Return key.Type reboot and press Return key.Please let me know if there is still any issue. Thank you.