Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have an IPhone 5 ,which is just over a year old It has

I have an IPhone 5 ,which is just over a year old
It has been running out of charge a bit faster than usual for about a week and now it won't
come on at all,it has been charged and I've tested the charger which is ok but I can't turn it on It hasn't been dropped or injured in any way
I haven't done anything else to try and fix it Please can you help?
Ruth Wallis
***********
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ruth and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. iPhone battery seldom fail. But it is possible. First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I have tried this but no logo Or sign of life
? What next
Ruth
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid the battery or internal board has failed. Since you were seeing battery issue before, then this could be the battery. Lets try to boot it into recovery mode using your computer. Connect it to your computer with the USB cable for 20 minutes. Then while connected, press and hold down the Power button and Home button for 40 seconds and this will boot into recovery mode unless this is an hardware issue. If it still not working, then you need to replace your battery. You can either take it to the Apple Store to replace or If you want, I will send you the step by step instructions to replace the battery. Let me know if you are ready to replace it yourself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks I will try this and get back to you
Ruth
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Ruth, I will be here waiting for your reply. Let me know
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Ruth, I'm just checking. How is it going ?