Dr. Dan
Dr. Dan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. Electrical & Computer Engineering, 20+ years technical experience
7043301

When I try to update my ipad to ios9.3 I receive am message

Customer Question

when I try to update my ipad to ios9.3 I receive am message that I am not connected ot the internet. But I am connected, verified in settings and by using the internet. Same problem with my iphone 4
Category: Mac
Expert:  dantheman2008 replied 1 year ago.
Hi there.I am Daniel, and I will try to assist you with this.Once we have finished, could you please rate me.Feel free to ask any questions you may have. This is a fairly common issue you are having, and there are a few things you can try.First of all, reset your wifi router. Then do a hard reset (hold home and power button simultaneously until device restarts) on the device you are trying to update, then try to update.If this does not work, the alternative is to plug your device into your computer and update via iTunes.Hope this helps, and let me know how you get on. RegardsDaniel
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
zero, useless answer. Might be computer generated. Not worth 2 pence much less £26
Sorry you feel this way, but it was most definitely not a 'computer generated' answer.The information I gave you, and the things to try are what fixes this very common issue. I am going to opt out of this one and let a fellow expert help you if they wish, as I feel you have been unnecessarily rude in your reply.I hope you get this issue resoled. Kind regardsDaniel
Expert:  Dr. Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, my name is Dan (different expert than Daniel), and I would recommend that you connect your iPad to your computer where you have iTunes. iTunes will recognize that there is an update available. I would recommend that you "Download and Install" this update. The update will be downloaded by the computer that you are on, and once that is done, then the update will be loaded to the iPad. You can repeat this with the iPhone as well. As long as your computer is able to get a good connection, this often is more successful that Apple's "Over the air (OTA)" updates. Especially since 9.3 just was released I know their servers were very busy for a few days, and if their servers time out, it may be triggering the message that you are receiving, especially if your internet otherwise is working on your iPad and iPhone devices.Let me know if that helps!Dan