Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I downloaded an upgrade iphone 5 now it won't let me

Customer Question

I downloaded an upgrade for my iphone 5 now it won't let me access anything as it says I need to enter an email address that isn't mine and I have no knowledge of. As a result I have a phone that is unusable
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeDid you purchase the phone from someone? Or purchased it new?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
New
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, it was the Apple ID you set when you first turned on the phone.If you have forgotten your Apple ID you used, you can retrieve i via the link below https://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid Once done, you will likely need to reset your password ***** this you can do via my link below https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid Use the link to reset your password ***** once done use this new passwordOnce done, you can use these details to sign in on your device I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know the results please.