Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I just got an iPhone 6s and I have simply tried to restore

Hello I just got an iPhone 6s and I have simply tried to restore data from my iPhone 6 (software ios 9.3) from iCloud back up and it won't let me select any of my previous back ups they are all greyed out! I also tried to do it from iTunes and still the same thing !
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you go to Settings >iCloud > scroll down to bottom and sign out.Then sign back in and tell me please if it is then enabled.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I do it on the new phone 6s or the old one (iPhone 6)?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
The new phone as your trying to restore the back ups to this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. 1 minute
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because it's a new phone, I have not got to the stage where I can get to settings . I got to welcome- then select country- select wifi network- apps and data( restore from iCloud/iTunes). I sent photo. Can we talk please?!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to call in Nigeria sorry.But choose Restore from iCloud if you want to restore that backup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After that is sign in- and when I sign in, I see my back ups but they are greyed out and it's requesting a lower iOS 9.1
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, then skip the restoring from the backup please and tell me when the phone is up and running.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Sent result . But will go back and skip that step if possible
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, skip the step for now please, and tell me when the phone is loaded, just load it as new
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, now go to Tap Settings > General > Software Update.Install the updateOnce done, go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. After your phone restarts then its like new again so then restore from the iCloud backup.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's asking me to install iOS 9.3 to new phone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, do this please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apple is annoying. Should they not already gave this installed in a new phone?!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
no, as when it was made, that was the latest update available. The newer one came out after it was made.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see. It's installing now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's done setting up . What next ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. After your phone restarts then its like new again so then restore from the iCloud backup.Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thanks do much
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcomeLet me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another problem !
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes, so enter in your Apple ID and Password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't activate the iphone with the same iCloud Apple ID I used before
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you need to use the Apple ID that the phone was originally setup with
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's what I used
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And it was working before
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It is not the original one, else it would have accepted it.Who did you purchase the phone from?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Apple Store new york
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Brand new
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
If this was the case, it would accept your username and password.Try to then remember another Apple ID you used via my link belowhttps://iforgot.apple.com/appleid#!&section=appleid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello, what now ?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
waiting on you still to do the last instructions I gave you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's the only Apple ID I have used for all my devices. No other one. I tried it again and got the same thing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Remember I used the same ID when I initially set up and could not back up
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Its not the Apple ID that was originally used on this phone, if it was, it would be accepted.You need to locate the original owner of the iPhone and have them enter in the credentials.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it from an Apple Store . I am the only person that has signed in to it .
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Ok, very strange, but then they have given you a phone that has been used by someone else, you will need to return the phone to the store and have them exchange it.You cannot bypass this lock
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Erasing all contents was not a good idea? I have to go back to the Apple Store. This does not help make my life easier
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you had to to restore the backup, but if you were the original owner it would have accepted it, so it is the case you are not. But it was not erasing content it was the update that forces this and you would have had to do the update anyway If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. And please take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit Thank you
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok