Martin
Martin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

I have a question about my iphone? I lost access to my icloud

Customer Question

i have a question about my iphone? I lost access to my icloud account. i reset it but have still no access to the app store? any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Hello James, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.What happens when you try to access the app store?If you go to www.icloud.com from a computer, are you able to sign in successfully with your email and password?Please reply using the box below.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
when i go to icloud in settings my email address shown is not an icloud domain one
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Oh, it doesn't have to be - I have mine set to a Gmail address myself.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok yes. so i got into it!
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
never been in it before
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
What are you trying to do?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
i want to reaccess my app store
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Ok, when you go to the app store, what happens?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
it says cannot connect to App store when i try and search.
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Does the device have internet connectivity? (i.e. If you open Safari or an app like WhatsApp are you able to use it?)If so, go into Settings > and tap on iTunes & App StoreThen tell me what email you see listed there
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
yes it does. that is a different email. when i go in there. The one i normally use. The icloud one is an old one
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Tap on the email you see there then tap Sign Out
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok. done that.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
do i sign in again with the icloud email address?
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Sign in with the address you want to use, yes
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
ok. done that. what next
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
If it signed you in, try opening the app store again.If it won't open I'll show you how to hard reset the device so it tries logging in again.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
yes. still not connecting.
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Are you currently on your computer? If so can I connect to you remotely so we can make sure the details you are entering are correct?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
yes. how do we do that?
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
or just step by step unless complicated
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Sorry, I rectified the price for you there.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
can we carry on as before. not keen to part with more cash yet. If resolved its no problem at all.
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
From the computer, go to www.icloud.com and sign into your account.Tell me if you're able to sign in or if you get an error.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
am already signed in from before
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Sign out and then back in so we make sure it's correct
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
yes. done that
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Ok to hard reset the phone press the Power and Home buttons together and don't let go.The device should turn off, turn on, then back off again.Only once it's off again do you let go.Then turn it back on
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
that didnt work. I have a fake home button which may be a cause. it managed to turn off but thats all.
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Ahh it won't work with the fake home button, you need to use the actual home button
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
If you can't get it reset that way, you may need to update your iOS software using iTunes
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
$5 is a small price to pay to have me connect to your computer and do it for you - the normal price is around $36, which are also fully refundable.
Martin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: 10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
Thank you. From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=dfb7ec4f-1fe0-4d5e-aa84-a96fec371f7bThen click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
OK. pls help now its been nearly an hour
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
from my ipod where the problem is or the computer?
Expert:  Martin replied 12 months ago.
From the computer