Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
30037186

I'm having problems actually opening any sites. I google

I'm having problems actually opening any sites.
I google something.........takes me there then, I cannot open anything. I try different sites and it just doesn't connect
Category: Mac
Expert:  Viet - Mac Tech replied 1 year ago.
Hi,I'm sorry about the issue. Please try: Open Settings app icon, then tap on option General, then tap on option Reset, then tap on option Reset network settings, and confirm Reset.Then wait until the iPad is restarted, then open Settings app icon, then tap on option Wi-Fi, then select / connect to your Wi-Fi / wireless network name. Once that is successful, open Safari app and check internet / websites.- If there is any issue, please let me know if you are able to browse / search in App Store app icon.Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried all you said.....still not working
Sorry, is App Store working fine?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't really use the app store......what do I need to check?
Just to test: Open App Store app icon, then does it show anything? If you tap on games or apps, or music or movies, etc., in App Store, does it show anything?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes....app store seemed fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to talk on phone is it £18 plus £29?
Please try this next solution: Open Settings app icon, then tap on Safari option on the left, then scroll down on the right, then tap on option Clear History and Website Data, and confirm Clear, then open Safari app and check. Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tried.......not sorted, sorry
Sorry, please open App Store app icon, then type / search for chrome then install the Google Chrome app, then use the Chrome app for internet / websites. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Now using google chrome but still can't open any of the 'sites' listed
What are some of the sites you cannot use?If you go to some popular websites, such as yahoo.com or msn.com or espn.com etc., does it work or not?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've not tried any of those.......not sure I really understand.
I am just trying to get information on something and it responds to my question but then won't let me open any of the sites
Sorry, it is strange. So you open the Chrome app icon (not Safari app icon), then you search for something in Chrome app, but it does not work right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that's correct. Same as it is on Safari
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Then, it freezes
Sorry, please disconnect the power cord(s) from your internet modem / router device(s) for a few minutes, then re-connect, then wait a bit and check Chrome., if it does not work, do this again: Open Settings app icon, then tap on option General, then tap on option Reset, then tap on option Reset network settings, and confirm Reset, then check Chrome and/or Safari.Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.k. I shall try this. However, I was on a different Wi-Fi address earlier with the same problem.
Give me a few minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.k. - tried this. No joy......
Sorry, is a laptop or smartphone or another tablet currently working fine with your wireless / Wi-Fi connection?When did the iPad's internet first stop working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, all fine. I am on my laptop now.
I think I was having problems yesterday but didn't have a lot of time.
But today, I have not been able to use to 'find' anything
Also, my phone using my wi-fi
Do you sync your iPad with iTunes on the computer or with iCloud?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the computer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't really understand icloud
Can you go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Settings, and confirm , then go to Settings -> Wi-Fi and connect to your wireless network name and check. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still the same. Have just tried yahoo too.
Please go to Settings -> General -> Reset -> Reset All Content and Settings, and confirm reset and check. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will I lose all my photos etc?
As long as you've synced the iPad to the iTunes program on your computer, then you can restore from backup later. Connect the iPad to the computer, then you can transfer any photo you need manually to the computer. See iTunes backup athttps://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203977Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
O.k.....Ill do this now
What about photos and things I have taken with my ipad?
Does your laptop have Windows XP, Vista, or 7 or 8 or 10, or is it a Mac laptop?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's windows 10
Connect iPad to computer, then click on Start -> File Explorer, then click on This PC on the left, then open your iPad device on the right, and open DCIM folder, etc. and back up photos there. I can connect remotely to your computer and back up all your data and fix the iPad for you if you'd like to. Please let me know. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am trying this at the moment.
Seems a lot of photos and videos.....
I did not pick up the DCIM .......but got a message to choose what I wanted to do
Yes please if you can connect to me would help.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is saying 8800 photos and videos.......
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is importing them. Is this correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's going to take a minute or two
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Going to clog up my laptop ..........
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Up to 2000
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's stopped.......says something went wrong.
Have started it again
Sorry, please try again. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.......am trying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It actually stopped importing now. Said a couple of times that something had went wrong
Can you cancel import, then click on Start -> File Explorer, then click on This PC on the left, then open your iPad device on the right, then copy the folder DCIM to your computer, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
o.k. will do
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says it will take 4 hours and 30 mins.
I am going to have to leave this now. I need to be up at 4a.m.
What should I do?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you connect to me or something please?
Yes. Please accept the remote support offer, then please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=41b692db-ef0a-4206-ba1b-5c58be689f22, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Specialist
Experience: Support Mac laptops, desktops, & iPhone, iPad, iPod, etc.
Summary: I've backed up your pictures and videos to your computer, then we reset the iPad. Your iPad is working fine now; the Internet / websites / links are working on the iPad now.- If you need to transfer any photo / video back to the ipad, you can do that any time by plugging in your iPad to the computer. Then on the computer, click on Start -> File Explorer, then open the iPad device there, then open DCIM folder there. Then open Pictures folder on your computer, then transfer any you want.- Also, if you use a general email address on the iPad, such as Gmail or Yahoo or Outlook, you can set up email on the iPad.If there is any issue, please let me know any time. Thank you for your patience.