John T. F.
John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I have an I-pad mini three years old. last few days

I have an I-pad mini three years old. for the last few days it will not follow links from websites or email or search engines. Any suggestions?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi May, does it give an error or simply not respond when you tap on links? John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No error message just doesn't respond
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, Let's reset iOS settings. This will not remove any personal data but will reset iOS options back to current system defaults. You may have to re-enter passwords for Wi-Fi and other services. On the device; tap Settings tap General tap Reset tap Reset All Settings The device should eventually restart. Now test for the issue. John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That did not work still the same
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that's unfortunate. How do you backup this iPad, via iTunes or with iCloud? John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Icloud
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** procedure is a special firmware recovery mode (DFU). It will erase your Apple device, removing any passcodes, re-install the operating system, and then re-sync user data once it is done. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of iTunes on your computer before attempting this:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ * Open iTunes on your computer and connect the Apple device directly to it * Turn off the Apple device (press the sleep/wake button on the top until you see the red slider and slide the red slider across to the right OR until the device completely shuts off). * Hold down the sleep/wake button (on the top) AND the home button (on the front) for 10 seconds * Release the sleep/wake button but CONTINUE to hold the home button, until... * iTunes should pop up and tell you it’s found a device in recovery mode, click OK and continue along for the restore. Note: it may ask whether you wish to restore a backup from iTunes or from iCloud. You should use iCloud in this case since it has the latest backup of your personal data. John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok John but will leave this till morning and let you know if it worked - thanks for your help anywayMay
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome! When the current question has been answered to your satisfaction, please remember to rate my personal assistance accordingly when you get a moment. However, if you have any further questions on this topic tomorrow, please let me know at any time. Please feel free to request me again when you come back to ask another question. Insert “For John T. F. only” in your initial question and you can, also, submit new questions directly via the following page: http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/ John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello John
This morning there is an update from Apple to correct the error, apparently caused by the last update, so all is now working satisfactorily!Thanks for your help anyway!May