Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I have recently upgraded to OS Capitan and now my computer

I have recently upgraded to OS Capitan and now my computer keeps freezing
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, then hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process. If you can't get to that menu just hold the power button for 10 seconds until it shuts down. Then start it up again holding those keys. When you see the Apple Logo you can let go.When the machine boots you may have to choose your language then you will see the OS X Utilities screen. Select the Disk Utility and then Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column (if there are two with that name or it is named something else choose the first indented item) and then on the right select the First Aid tab then select Run. Let me know after.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK i followed your instructions above, but the freezing problem still occurred. Please advise. Thanks
OK does it freeze when using a particular application or does it seem random?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It seems to be mostly when I am using Safari.
OK firstGo here and download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac, open it and select Scan:https://www.malwarebytes.org/mac-download/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK I have downloaded and run the scan. It found some files that i removed.
OK restart and tell me if it still crashes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes i have restarted. It is Ok at the moment.
Ok let me know. If it is fixed and if you are satisfied, please kindly provide an OK or Above Rating - so I get paid. Keep in mind you can always come back to this page at any time regarding this question. Thanks!!