Techie_Ben
Techie_Ben, Software Engineer
Experience:  10+ years in hardware/software experience
8287049

I am looking after a friend's flat and getting used to his

Customer Question

Hi I am looking after a friend's flat and getting used to his Mac. I downloaded MacKeeper and then discovered this is a bad idea. I have move the two MacKeeper applications to the Trash but I can't remove them from there. Are they harmless just sitting in trash? PS I have tried to follow the instructions for removing from Trash but they don't seem to work. Thanks John
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I will be the person helping you today. I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help. May I start a secure remote assistance session on your computer and help you resolve the problem? Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry since I don't know your company and this is not my machine can't do that.Thanks anyway I will take it to an Apple store
Expert:  Techie_Ben replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure if you're still looking to pursue this or not, but I'm willing to help if so. The apps sitting in the trash are harmless but should be cleared out to reduce the space the files are taking up on the drive. If you're getting a warning when attempting to remove them stating the application is in use, I'd suggest you just reboot the machine and then remove them. That usually clears up any locks on the files that might be preventing you from removing them. Otherwise let me know and I'm happy to assist further. Thanks again!