Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Consultant
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

My daughter, who lives in the US, got herself a new iPhone

Customer Question

My daughter, who lives in the US, got herself a new iPhone SE unaware that her husband had purchased an iPhone 6 for her. She has not used the iPhone SE and wondered, as daughters will, if I would be willing to buy it from her. My question is this when I visit my daughter in the US in the summer can I use the iPhone SE on a SIM only basis for a month or so, and then return to the UK and use it here in the UK on a SIM only or monthly contract basis. I have an iPhone 5 with O2.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com.It all depends on the CARRIER that will be used..The only way you will be able to swap SIM cards, and continue using the phone is to make SURE that the phone is UNLOCKED FULLY. Some carriers phones are NOT unlocked by default, and you need to contact the carrier to get them to unlock it..Sprint is the WORST carrier in terms of this.....so STAY AWAY from sprint..The best luck you will have is with T-Mobile carrier..Remember, you can plop ANY SIM card you want in an iPhone, but it wont work unless the iPhone is FULLY unlocked.Make Sense?