Pete
Pete, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience in the Electronics and IT industries.
30970729

I have rolled over a new OS onto a PGP encrypted a hard disk

I have rolled over a new OS onto a PGP encrypted a hard disk and now locked into a loop - screen BSD process name corresponding to current thread : init USBMSC Identifier (non - unique) 00000000009833 0x5ac 0x8403 0x9833, 2 0S x install data com.apple.boot
Mac OS version :
Not Yet Set
Thanks in advance for any help
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
Hi Mark,When you experience these errors after updating your OS X version, the only option is to restore from a recent backup.Pete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Pete, how do I get to be able to back up when the iMac is in a continous loop is there a command I can use to start the back up?Mark
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
You will need to get into recovery mode - restart the iMac and whilst it is booting up, immediately press and hold the Option, Command (⌘), P, and R keys. You will need to hold these keys down simultaneously while it is booting up. If you don't do this before the gray screen appears then you'll have to redo the process.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pete you sugestion did the trick and when in need I will request you again. Mark