Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I have forgotten my password ***** emails , transferred everything

I have forgotten my password ***** emails , transferred everything from old phone to new with I cloud , my email is a live account , been in to with Microsoft filled in several forms keeps coming back as not reconised , phoned them a few times to and they can't help , need to retrieve this account thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeCan you first tell me please the exact message you get Michelle when you try to sign into your Live account? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Happy to answer questions , emails just want access , when I transferred phones the emails were still coming in on old phone when connected to wifi , took phone to car phone warehouse to see if they could sort it but they deleted all the old phone , email is still set up on new phone but can't send or receive at all , tried changing password ***** won't allow as don't know old password
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, what is the account with the problem Michelle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
***@******.***
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Do you still have access toEmail [email protected]?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I never had this account if anything it was from years ago and never used it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, you set it when you made the account.Did you go through the questionnaire like on this link?https://account.live.com/acsr?rollrs=04
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I filled this form in everyday with all information as required , have done it three times a day since last Tuesday , blocked for today again got to try tnrw , even rang on telephone no *********** everyday twice a day to get it sorted still no joy
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, that number is ***** Hardware, nothing to do with Live, in fact they have no actual support for the free email service. Unfortunately you are not going to be able to recover this account unless you can remember the password. If the password ***** changed or the account was hacked then you are not going to be able to get back in. It is extremely important that you keep your recovery options up to date since that is your only way back in if you don't have the password. This being a free email service, it does not offer any support aside from what you have seen online. A few years back they did have more options for people in your situation but now they simply suggest you create a new account.I am sorry to have to tell you this but unless you can remember or get access to the correct password ***** is no way back in. Microsoft states the following "When you register for an account, it's up to you to provide the most up-to-date and valid recovery info. Your best option to avoid losing access is to update your recovery info if you get a new phone number or change your alternate email address. "So unfortunately there are no options left since you never updated your recovery information. In the interest of saving yourself some time I would suggest you don't spend more looking for a solution in this situation as you have no options aside from getting the correct password ***** am sorry to say. I just don't want to give you hope because in the last year Microsoft has completely cut off any type of support and leaves account recovery entirely up to the user meaning if you don't keep your recovery info up to date and forget or lose the password ***** cannot get back into the account.Again, sorry to have to deliver the bad news but hopefully it saves you some time in the long run and prevents anything like this from ever happening again.It would be greatly appreciated if you could rate my reply to you by clicking 3 stars are more. I of course understand this is not good news but you are just rating me personally and not microsoft, their policies, or the situation itself.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there anyway this email address could be linked to a new address so that I can receive the emails that were in the box
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry, for any of that to occur, you have to have access to the account, else there would be no reason for the security to be in place sorry Michelle.I know its frustrating but its one off the drawbacks of a free service such as this and not keeping the recovery information up to date.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought all the re overt was up to date thank you though
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It was not sorry, the only recovery information is the [email protected] addressIf you need anything else, please let me know and if you can please do the service rating via one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.Thank youRichard