Martin
Martin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
74139101

Screen has gone black i

Screen has gone black i
Category: Mac
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hello Karen and welcome.Try this:Press and hold the Power and Home buttons for about 30 seconds - you should see the iPad turn off, turn on then back off again.Once you see it turn off the second time, let go of the buttons and power it back on.Let me know what happens.Regards,Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have already tried that
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Try it once more in that exact order.Is the iPad charged and has it been dropped or wet recently?
Martin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience: 10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.
Plug in your iPad to your Mac .Make sure iTunes is running.Turn Off your iPad if it isn't already.Press and hold down the On/Off button on the top of the device for 3 seconds.Swipe the slide to power off slider to the right.Press and hold down the On/Off button on the right side (iPhone 6 or later) or top (all other iPhones, iPods, and iPads) of your device for 3 seconds.Press and hold down the Home button on the front of your device while still holding down the On/Off button.Keep holding both buttons down for 10 seconds. (If you see the Apple logo, you've held them too long and will need to start again.)Let go of the On/Off Button but keep holding the Home button for about 5 seconds. (If you see the "Plug into iTunes" screen, then you've held it too long and will need to start again.)If the screen stays black, that's it! Your iPad should now be in DFU mode.At this point, iTunes should show you an alert saying it's detected your iPad, and will allow it to be restored.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't have a Mac just a Samsung PC
Same procedure, but you already Accepted the answer of the other expert didn’t that work?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Karen, From your computer click the following link:https://ngmt.screenconnect.com/?Session=5d3870cb-e432-47de-a7e4-4c8cf44fe011Then click Join your session -->And run (open) the program that gets downloaded Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client Let me know once you've done that or if you need additional steps.Martin
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am talking to you from my daughters iPad so give me a second to open my laptop please
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Sure thing.When you get the laptop open go to the following URL as you won't be able to click on the link I gave you here:https://ngmt.screenconnect.comYou will be asked for a code, let me know when you get to that stage.Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Done
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
The code is: IRVJ
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Connected