Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

Ive purchased a brother printer DCP-9015cdw and it will not

Customer Question

ive purchased a brother printer DCP-9015cdw and it will not print in colour. it photo copies in colour. My Mac has been updated to 10.10.5
any ideas?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeIs the issue when printing from multiple programs? Or only one in particular? I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.Thanks,Richard
Richard, Mac Genius
Experience: Apple Computers Specialist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do I just wait for you to fix it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Can you go to www.teamviewer.com Click on Download in the middle of the page Download and install the program and give me the ID and Password ***** please so I can connect Do not close the program but leave it open else I will not be able to connect Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you still working on problem on Team viewer .
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I need the ID and Password ***** you please as per my instructions so I can connect via Teamviewer and resolve this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
order id 16249512-6777
password
Buchsy1947
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction id should have been 16249512-677
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
the ID is not correct, please go back and check it, its a 9 digit number
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
how do you get back into it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Into what sorry? I need the correct ID please from Teamviewer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
id###-##-####PW 3fm37t
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
shall I try and print now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
afraid still black and white
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Is the printer connected via a usb cable or wireless?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
USB Cable
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ThanksPlug it into a different USB port on the Mac, restart and tell me if color then prints please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
black and white
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
can you run teamviewer again pleaseAnd give me the password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
w317jf
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
all working now in colour.
Well done and thank you.
B Buchan
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Your most welcome, was a pleasure working with you