Jason Jones
Jason Jones, Mac Technician
Experience:  Several years of supporting Mac systems.
30759776

Iphone 6 will not pick up wifi from more than 1 meter all other

Iphone 6 will not pick up wifi from more than 1 meter all other phones in the house are fine. WHY? Data usage for 1 month was 14 gigs which I thought was just about impossible. Please help.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
Hello,I am the person that will be helping you today.May I ask if the problem iPhone has a case on it or not? Often times, the case will block wireless signals. Take the case off and test the wireless function, does that help at all? If so, the problem is with the case and you will want to replace it with another or just not use a case.I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.Thank you,Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It has no case and did used to work fine
Thank you for the update. In that case, you will want to reset the network settings. Following the steps below should fix the problem. Keep in mind that it will erase your wireless profiles, so you will have to recreate them:- Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. After that is complete, reconnect to your signal and test it. Was there any change?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No difference. Still only working in close proximity to the router
That is very odd. May I ask for the brand and model name of the router?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
EE - Brightbox wireless router. However all laptops and other phones are connecting fine.
Thank you for the update. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does the phone need to be connected through the wifi?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I will remote into a computer on the network.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So how will you connect to the Iphone
I will not. I will look at the network configuration on the router/modem. Also, we will communicate via a chat window while I work you through the fix.
Follow the instructions below to begin the remote helping screen.Remote page: http://remote.jasonfixedit.comAfter clicking the link above, enter the following two digit number: 53 and click the circle button to start the remote application.(After the file finishes downloading, please open the file and run it.)