Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I'm havn problems with my iPhone 5c, I went into the apple

Customer Question

hi I'm havn problems with my iPhone 5c, I went into the apple store yesterday but they were full booked to do a diagnostics check for me. my phone wont let me get into my apps and keeps telling me my storage is full, I have deleted nearly all my apps but it still says my storage is nearly full. when i try to get into an app it just keeps going back to my main page. they did say that the memory isn't clearing, the store says you can help me online ???
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. There shouldn't be any memory issue. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General tap Storage and iCloud Usage. Then give me the details What is the Available Storage under STORAGE ? What is the Available storage under iCloud ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
storage used 5gb and icloud storage 4.8available
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What is the Available Storage under STORAGE ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
0bytes
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
There is no storage available. Tap Manage Storage under STORAGE (not iCloud) and you will see what is taking up most of all space. Tell me what is taking up most of the storage
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hsbc 77.0 messenger 74.5 Ryanair 71.0 google 60.4 word chums57.2aol 52.2 spider game 43.3
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It is possible that the iOS software of your iPhone is corrupted or it could be an hardware issue. There are two possible solutions to this problem. First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot. Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom. Then go to Setting > Genera > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset some settings like WiFi, wallapper, apps setting etc. But this will not delete anything from your iPhone. Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will send you the second solution
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If the above steps didn't work, then we have to restore the iOS firmware of your iPhone. This process will reinstall the iOS software and this will fix the problem unless it is hardware related. But there is a risk of doing this step. If this is hardware related, then this process may fail and your iPhone will not work anymore. There are two ways to reinstall the iOS software. First is, you can erase the iPhone from itself, but this will delete everything from it. If you don't have any important files or contents on it, then you can erase it from Settings >General > Reset and Erase All Contents and Settings. Then setup it as new iPhone. Second is, restore the iOS firmware of your iPhone using iTunes application on your computer. You can do a backup first in this method, so you won't lose anything. Follow the steps below; First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.Open iTunes application on your computer.iTunes will recognize your iPhone. Select your iPhone in the top left (select iPhone icon next to Musics, Movies etc icon)Then in Summary section, click Backup and make sure "To this computer" is selected.Then click Restore button and let it restore. It will take some time to restore the iPhone . After restoring, you will get option to restore your backup or setup it as new iPhone. Select setup it as new iPhone. (We can restore from backup later). Let me know how it goes please.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?