Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I have switched on mi iPad this morning and it is asking

Hi, I have switched on mi iPad this morning and it is asking me to activate my iPad. I do not have an apple iPhone so I do not know why it is asking me to pair it up. the iPad worked fine yesterday and has not been left unattended
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question. First I will explain what the issue here. Your iPad has updated automatically yesterday. There is a feature called 'Find My iPad' that was activated on your iPad prior to the update. This is an anti-theft measure by Apple that blocks unauthorized access to your iPad. Since the software is updated and Apple detected a change in software, your iPad is now asking you to verify that you are the original owner of it. So you need to enter your Apple ID/iCloud and password ***** activate it. You will not be able to use the iPad until you activate it. Apple ID/iCloud ID would be your email address you registered with your device. If you don't remember the password, then you have to reset the password. You can reset it from here (go to this website from your computer) -->https://iforgot.apple.com/ Go to the above website. Use the "Get an Email" method to reset the Apple ID. Apple will send the reset instructions to the recovery email you setup with your Apple ID. It would be your email registered with Apple, like Gmail, Yahoo etc. Open your email and you will see the email from Apple. Open it and follow the instructions to reset the password. If that didn't work, then go to this site again --> https://iforgot.apple.com/ This time use the "Answer Security Questions" and answer the security questions there to reset your password. Then use your ID and new password ***** activate your device. If you don't remember your Apple ID, then you can reset it fromhere --> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid#!&section=appleid Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry completely struggling here I have put in what I think is the correct info but it is not finding it. Van you point me in the direction of setting up a new ID and password
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, a new ID will not help. You need to activate it using the original Apple ID you registered it with. Don't you remember it ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Follow the steps below to start secure remote support session. You have to do this from your computer itself. On your computer, goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- >###-##-####or click this link-> https://www.fastsupport.com/822514950 Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher or GoToAssist Launcher will be downloaded. Then open the Citrix Online Launcher or GoToAssist Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher or GotoAssist Launcher application. Allow permission to connect if asked. Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Connected. Click Join Session or allow permission to connect
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Issue resolved via remote support. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Best Regards,Ashik