Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I want to watch a programme on bbc Iplayer but it says

I want to watch a programme on bbc Iplayer but it says 'blocked plug in'. What do I have to do?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

This is usuallycaused by outdated flash player. We can uninstall old flash player and installa new version.

Click this link andthis will download the flash player uninstaller file --> https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/support/uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg

After downloading,click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads.This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named "uninstall_flash_player_osx.dmg"there. Double click on it to open. Then open flash player uninstaller file.Let it uninstall

Then download latestflash player from this link --> https://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/21.0.0.242/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

After downloading,click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads.This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named "install_flash_player_osx.dmg"there. Double click on it to open. Then open flash player installer file and install it.

Another option is,you can download another browser like Google Chrome and use it to browse internet. It has the plugin inbuilt and it will work. You can download Google Chrome from here -> https://www.google.com/chrome/browser/desktop/

If you have anydifficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Follow the steps below to start secure remote support session.

You have to do this from your Mac itself. On your Mac , goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com

In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- > 414469324

If you are talking to me from your Mac now, then click this link -> https://www.fastsupport.com/414469324

Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. An application named Citrix Online Launcher will be downloaded. Then open the Citrix Online Launcher file you see there and then open the Citrix Online Launcher application. You can also open it from Downloads. Open Citrix Online Launcher file. Allow permission to connect or Join session if asked.

(If you don't see the downloaded Citrix Online Launcher file, then click on the Finder icon on dock, then click on Go menu and select Downloads. This will bring Downloads folder. Now you see a file named "Citrix Online Launcher.dmg" file there. Double click on it to open)

Let me know if you have any difficulty connecting to me.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

I'm waiting for your connection. Are you having any difficulty connecting to me ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Issue resolved via remote support. If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

Ashik

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you get any message about keychain, then follow the steps below to solve it.

Click Create New Keychain if asked.

If that didn't work, then do the steps below

Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.

From the Keychain Access menu at top left, choose Preferences.

Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.

Authenticate with your account login password ***** "net" without quotes

Quit Keychain Access. That will fix it.

Let me know if that didn't work.