Ashik
Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

When I boot up my computer I get a picture of a dog and the

When I boot up my computer I get a picture of a dog and the word "richard" under it and a request for a password. I do not have a password ***** I have to go to "guest" and then delete guest to finally get to my aol email which used to be the screen I originally got.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Somehow you got logged out from your Mac and you need to enter your admin/login password ***** login to your account. It is the password ***** setup when you setup the Mac for first time.

If you don't remember it, then you can reset the password ***** booting into Mac OS X Utilities screen.

Follow the steps below to reset the password.

Turn off your Mac by holding down the Power button for 5-10 seconds.

Turn it back on and immediately hold down Command and R keys at same time for 10 seconds.

This will boot your Mac to "Mac OS X Utilities” menu.

Click on the“Utilities” menu in top bar and select “Terminal".

In Terminal, type (without space)--> resetpassword

Press return. This will bring Reset Password ***** Select the hard disk at top column,select the user account from the drop down under it, confirm the user account and then change password ***** Save. Then click on the Apple icon and select Shutdown.

Turn it back on. After restarting, if you get any message about Keychain then click Create New Keychain.

If you are still getting keychain error, then reset the keychain access database. Follow the steps below to reset Keychain;

Go to System Preferences > iCloud and click Sign Out. If asked to keep or delete stuffs, click Keep. Then in Finder, hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu at the top bar and select Library. This will open Library folder. Trash Keychain folder in there and restart your Mac.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Before we start the remote session, I want you to do the following first.

Once you set new password, then I will connect to your Mac and do the remaining steps for you.

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you give me your number, I will call you and walk you through it. Please send you number via private contact field in here

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

How is it going ? Please reply in here

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

If you have any difficulty on following the steps I sent you, please send me your number so I will call you and walk you through it.

Type your reply in the box below and click Send to send to me