Richard, Mac Genius
Experience:  Apple Computers Specialist
32989067

I've been working on a report on my new iPad Pro, in Word,

Customer Question

I've been working on a report on my new iPad Pro, in Word, for several hours yesterday. First time I've used it, bought iPad last week. Opened the Word report originally in an email and then opened it in Word to make amendments. Went to it this morning, still open on Word, then went to another email to open another file in Word from which to copy an image to drop into the report. Closed report that had this extra image in it. My Report has now vanished. No reference to it in the file list for ';recent'. Can I go backwards? Anything that can be done? Nothing came up to say 'do you want to save' - so I just can't believe the iPad has truly deleted it completely off of itself? Nightmare!!!
Category: Mac
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 1 year ago.

Hello there's a chance that the changes & original document were saved in the Word document that you attached to the email. Open the document in the first email that you mentioned and see if the report is there.

When you open a Word document that is in an email, you should use "save as" to copy the document on your iPad. You can then make changes to this copied version.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi I tried that
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Forward the email to yourself and then open it on the iPad then open the attachment

Do you then see the missing changes?