adamd-mod
adamd-mod, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Just Answer Moderator
74353250

I have 2 issues 1. Mac Pro with El captain. Want to run

Customer Question

I have 2 issues
1. Mac Pro with El captain. Want to run Genymotion... When it loads it crashes and asks to reopen etc... On this machine Android works
2. Mac books are with El captain. Want to run Android... When it loads I get the emulator running but the clicks from the mouse does not move from the press the circle to show all apps. Nothing works. Strangely Geneymotion runs on this machine.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike the Mac Medic replied 1 year ago.

Are you running version 2.7.2 and Virtual Box ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiThanks for trying to help meVbox Version 5.0.22 r108108Andy I am unsure how to check version but the install file was Andy_v46.2.74.108_112_OSXGenymotion ... as it crashes before it launches once again I cannot tell you what the app is reporting but the install file was genymotion-2.7.2.dmg

So it goes to a black screen or crashes what happens exactly?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'' send two messages first on the Mac pro....Andy runs fineGenymotion fails as soon as I click the icon in the Applications directory withgenymotion quit unexpectedly.Click Reopen to open the application again. Click Report to see more detailed information and send a report to Apple.----Now if I open the package in the Applications folder and navigation Contents==>MacOS and open genymotion from the there I get the following in a terminal window/Applications/Genymotion.app/Contents/MacOS/genymotion ; exit;
Logging activities to file: /Users/waynedobson/.Genymobile/genymotion.log
Illegal instruction: 4
logout
Saving session...
...copying shared history...
...saving history...truncating history files...
...completed.[Process completed]----Finally in the log which is in the hidden folder in the user home folder I haveJun 19 23:44:10 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used
Jun 19 23:44:46 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used
Jun 19 23:45:19 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used
Jun 19 23:46:11 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used
Jun 20 00:06:36 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used
Jun 20 00:07:40 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used
Jun 20 00:08:32 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used
Jun 20 00:08:58 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used
Jun 20 00:11:36 [Genymotion] [Debug] Proxy configuration: no proxy used

There are problems with certain model Macs I suggest you try using the test build of VirtualBox here: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the Macbook airGenymotion runs fineAndy loads and looks as though it is going to work and gets android all looking ready to start and say to view all your apps click the circle..But clicking the circle has no effect at all... Clicking anywhere has not effectif I hold down the cmd I get the 2 mouse pointers for pinch and moving the mouse moves them apart but no clicking worksOn the MacPro this works fine :-)

I gave you my suggestion.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No effect on MacPro with Genymotion with the development snapshots from that site... just trying the MBair

Ok it simply has problems with some macs you might try running Linux on that Mac. I'll opt out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your time
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Hello there,
Please note, I am just a moderator for this category, I can only try and find experts to help, I can't answer the question itself.
Adam
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need an answer so I am happy to let it run over the weekend... Maybe that will allow more people to look at it...If there is no luck by this time next week or I find a solution elsewhere we will need to cancel itI assume the fee would then be returned ?
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for getting back to me.
Yes that's correct, if there's no answer forthcoming, you can request a refund at any time.
We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
Adam
Expert:  adamd-mod replied 1 year ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Adam