Mike the Mac Medic
Mike the Mac Medic, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My i pad needs reactivation but I dont ahve the original

Customer Question

My i pad needs reactivation but I dont ahve the original detalis for the set up
Category: Mac
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

The very first thing you should try to unlock your device is a simple iTunes backup. Connect your Ipad to your computer via USB and open iTunes. Select the Ipad in the upper right-hand corner to display its properties in the main screen. Click on the "Back Up Now" button to start a sync.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The computer will not accept the i pad
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

what happens when you connect.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the i pad will not connect to the computer, I do not have an i phone phone
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

you would need an ipad usb data cable to connect to the computer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
managed that now but no i tunes logo appears
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if I give you the make and serial number for the ipad would that help?
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Connect your Ipad to your computer via USB and open iTunes

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

if you want i can remote connect and reset it for you if you. Are you chatting on a computer with me?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
not happening
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

what is not happening?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no i tunes logo appearing on the computer, would the serial number help
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

You have to have itunes installed first on the computer then only it will open, do you have itunes installed on the computer?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my i cloud address is [email protected] .com.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
the computer cant import as the i pad is locked
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

Try these steps:

1. Disconnect the USB cable from the device, but leave the other end of the cable connected to your computer's USB port.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to shut down.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, reconnect the USB cable to the device. The device should turn on.
  4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  5. iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode. Click OK, and then restore the device.
  6. Follow the prompts in Setup Assistant and proceed to "Set up your device."
  7. If you used iCloud for backup, tap Restore from a Backup, then sign in to iCloud.
  8. Proceed to "Choose backup," then choose from a list of available backups in iCloud.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
afraid that doesnt work either
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

have you tried all the steps?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

I will open the question to other experts for there views and input.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
can it be done remotley?
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

tell me the ipad model number.

Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

i can try remote access and work on it to fix it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
serial number is ***** MODEL MDS/A ipadWi-Fi
Expert:  Michelle replied 5 months ago.

is it ipad 2?